A musical experience for everyone
The Butler Philharmonic performs music of every form and genre at indoor and outdoor venues across the region.
The orchestra’s annual offerings include:
• Tillmann Memorial Concert: An annual free performance of symphonic masterworks supported through the Hamilton Community Foundation.
• The Majesty of Christmas: The annual holiday extravaganza features the BPO and Chorus in a celebration of the season.
Don’t be surprised to see a special guest – like the Grinch – make an appearance, too!
• Pops Goes the Philharmonic
• American Masters: The David L. Belew American Masters series is held in March. This unique event features a week-long residency by a distinguished, living American composer, culminating in a public performance of some of the master’s works. Featured composers have included Wallace DePue, H. Owen Reed, James Niblock, Thomas Benjamin, Robert Ward, and Ronnie Kole.
World premiers presented include works by Catherine McMichael, Wallace DePue, Paul John Stanbery, Christopher Wilke, Philip Koplow, Thomas Benjamin, and Ronnie Kole. The American Masters Series prompted “Symphony” magazine to call the BPO “one of America’s high-octane, smaller-budget orchestras” (November-December, 2001).
• Ohio Mozart Festival: Now more than 20 years old, the Ohio Mozart Festival remains the only one of its kind in the Midwest, attracting an international following. Join us for the celebration, which has included such events as a 5K run/walk.
The Butler Philharmonic takes music to the people through a series of outdoor summertime performances. Some venues include: